Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Discipline of the Day

One of the most basic thought processes you have is "what am I going to do today?" Being disciplined enough to accomplish your daily tasks can be difficult. A good way to combat this problem is by using a "task list," also known as the to-do list.

I'm notorious for creating to-do lists. My hubby jokingly asks me if I wrote down "breathe" and "eat" on the lists! But, I'm almost addicted to them now. In fact, I often "overbook" my day just so I can have lots of checkmarks. Maybe I should see a therapist about this...that doesn't seem healthy now that I wrote it out.

Here are three main ideas I came up with about to-do lists:

1. Make clear and concise bullet points. This way you know exactly what it is you need to do.
2. Make one big point and add additional "sub" points underneath. This ties your day into manageable areas of workability.
3. Carry it around with you. This may seem obvious, but if you continue to see your task list then you are more likely to do the items on that list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment