Friday, September 2, 2011

A Blank Slate

So with the start of September comes the need to reevaluate my goals for August and set new ones for September. The August part is easy. I didn't accomplish any of them! Perhaps the most obvious one is my lack of losing 5 lbs. In fact, I actually gained weight. Ugh. Also, I didn't get to read The Help before I saw the movie, which was unbelievable by the way (in a good way). And, no job. So I'm 0 for 3.

Good news. New month. Blank slate.



With that said...here are some of the goals I have set for September (you may notice some layover).

1. Beef up my resume' so that it becomes impossible not to hire me for a future teaching position- I don't want to think that it has been my fault that I haven't gotten a job. It makes me sad. It makes me depressed, so I don't want to think that. However, I realize that there are some steps that I can take to make sure that in the future that I do not have this fear in the back of my mind. I want to be 100% sure that I have done everything on my end to pursue a job.

2. Work out three times a week using the Couch-to-5K program to develop a healthier lifestyle- I need to focus on increasing my fitness level and my health. I want to shift my thinking from losing pounds to gaining a healthier lifestyle. And hopefully, I will lose those 5 lbs in the meantime.

Those are two of my focus areas for September...I may come up with a few more over the weekend, and I will add them later.

What do you want to accomplish in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment