Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Jean Saga

It's funny if you think about it. Me...waiting outside the Gap two hours before it opened...in the frigid November morning air...hoping that I could get in and out before my class started. It was Free Jean day, and I was bound and determined to knock one item off my Christmas list. I was going to get my hubby a pair and wrap them up good for December 25. The requirement was that you had to be one of the first ten and check in on their Facebook page. So I did both of those things, and all I had to do was wait. 10:00 rolled around and I was in and out with a free $60 pair of jeans. Heck to the yes. I couldn't wait to give these to him on Christmas morning. I knew he would be surprised and ecstatic being the frugal person he is. :)

Flash forward to present day...I'm tagging items to take to a consignment store. Guess what item I discovered was in hubby's pile????

Those jeans.

At first glance...I was a little hurt. I had put a lot of thought into getting him those jeans. Not to mention the effort that I had put into it as well. But then, insight (as it usually does) came out of nowhere and hit me upside the head.

He's not throwing away his love for me. He's getting rid of an object.

I had to take a deep breath and get over it (I'm still not taking them to consignment, though...my bro will be getting them...I'm sad, I know). Material things DO NOT matter. How many times do I have to learn this before I start believing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment