Thursday, October 13, 2011

Become Dumb

I've got a confession to make...lately, I have been feeling apathetic. And, it's not just confined to one area of my life...it has spilled over into all aspects of my life. I knew that something had been a little "off" for awhile now, and I know the cause of it, too. The only problem is the solution is not in my hands. I tried all summer to "solve" this problem, and it just didn't work. Granted this is something that has more to do with other people making decisions than with me doing my thing. So yesterday afternoon, I decided something:

I AM JUST PLAIN TIRED OF TRYING RIGHT NOW.

It feels like every time I take a step forward...I take two or three back. I know you guys are tired of reading these depressing posts (I'm gonna try and do a pep talk at the end, so stay with me here), so I just want to let you know that I haven't been myself since about May. I hope once everything gets straightened out then I can back to my old self.

I know there are a lot of people going through situations or a season where there is no end in sight. Marathon seasons. Remember this, you can't sprint throughout a marathon. There is absolutely no way that you can run at 100% speed for 26.2 miles. Even professionals slow down during a race...granted their pace is still like 5:00/mi when they slow down, but still!

Take it a little at a time. Turn your brain off for a few hours or so and just forget about the situation. Become "dumb" to it. Maybe when you turn it back on, you'll find that your care was turned back on, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment