Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Lost It

I had an amazing idea for today's post...last night. Did I write it down? Of course not. So guess what? I forgot it. And I'm mad that I did because, like I said, it was awesome. So who knows what's going to happen here.

"...cynics desecrate beauty." -Proverbs 24:9

I read this verse this morning. Honestly, it was finding the word "desecrate" in the Bible that stopped me in my tracks. But then I went back and reread it to put it into context. It's actually a powerful verse.

If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's a cynic. You'll never get there. That plan will never work out. This idea will never take hold. Never, never, never.

Get over yourself Mr. Cynic. Who are you to tell me that I can't create or maintain beauty? Stop desecrating beauty.

Challenge: Today, ignore the cynic. Allow yourself to see/create/maintain/develop beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment