Monday, October 17, 2011

Want to Get Better?


When was the last time you stopped for a moment and took a self-inventory? I have to be honest…it’s been quite a long time for me. I generally know areas that I need to improve in, but I rarely sit down to evaluate my life as a whole.

Last Monday, I lost (significantly) my first tennis match. When I got home, I took about ten minutes to think about what had gone so wrong. Turns out, there were many things! I also thought about how to fix those errors. I wrote it down, and I determined that I was going to try and improve on those things in my next match.

This got me thinking about why I don’t do this for all areas of my life. Physically…mentally…emotionally…spiritually. So, that’s on my to-do list for tomorrow. Here are a couple of questions to help you get started with this inventory:

1. How do I feel physically? Am I getting enough rest, exercise, and nutrients?
2. What am I doing to continually stretch my mental abilities?
3. Have I reacted too strongly in an emotional setting recently?
4. What does my relationship with God look like?

Always ask: how can I improve? This helps you to realize that you can always get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment