Monday, October 3, 2011

The Monday Me

The Monday me hates the weekend me. The weekend me has fun on Friday nights, hangs out with family and friends on Saturdays, watches an inordinate amount of sports, and takes an afternoon nap on Sundays.

The Monday me wakes up with nowhere to go except the grocery store. The switch goes from full throttle to little to no "oomph" at all. It goes from one extreme to the other.

To be honest, I love the weekend me. (Who doesn't, right?!) But I almost love the weekend me more so now that I don't have a job than when I did have a job. Let me explain.

During the week, I feel this extreme pressure to get a sub opportunity or the need to find a more stable part-time, night job. And on days when I don't get asked to sub or when I continue to have no luck finding a night job, then I start down the path to the "death spiral." This is what I call what happens to me by Thursday on weeks without work. It's one thing after another when I'm in the "death spiral."

Guess when I DON'T feel any pressure? You got it...on the weekend. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I go a whole day (most likely on Saturday) when I don't even think about my previous lackluster week or the seemingly endless one ahead of me.

There is a disconnect between the Monday me and the weekend me.

What about you? Does your personality hate your weekend self?

No comments:

Post a Comment