Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Borrowing from Pete Wilson

Today, I'm going to piggyback off a post I read from one of my favorite bloggers...Pete Wilson. Pete is a pastor of a church in Nashville, Cross Point. He is also the author of Plan B, an incredible book that I am currently absorbed in reading.

Pete wrote about monotony today. You know...what you do everyday, over and over, repeatedly. Like washing the dishes by hand (no dishwasher in the Hardiman household). Or cooking dinner every night. Feeding my kitties and cleaning up after them (they are some dirty felines). More generally: my "chores."

These things, while they get boring, are essential in maintaining a clean and healthy household. They are little, but important and necessary actions that I need to do if I want to be happy inside my house. It would drive me crazy if there were dishes everywhere. It would make Caleb angry if we had take-out every night (not to mention the toll it would take on our waistlines). And let's not even consider the filthiness that would come from neglecting my sweet purring babies.

You may see where I'm going with this. Monotony can be important. Monotony can be necessary. So today, choose to look pass the everyday occurrences in your life and embrace the joy that you can find in them.

What do you consider monotonous that is also a necessary part of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment