Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Funny thing just happened...I changed what my blog topic would be. I'm saving the other one for tomorrow, so I don't want to add a spoiler here. I had every intention on writing tonight about said subject. I couldn't believe when I just opened up this page to write and got inspired to write on this topic instead. It's kind of been...how shall I say this...bugging me lately. I'm talking about the "dot, dot, dot" that comes in various situations. The waiting.

"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith
You take it to the heart
Yeah, the waiting is the hardest part."
-Tom Petty

One of my favorite philosophers, if you will, Tom Petty (sidebar: quick shout to my mum for getting me hooked on this guy) explains waiting pretty dang well. He says that you may see a little development from your waiting, but you still have to keep the faith and have a heart. (I know, it's not the deepest of lyrics to try to decipher...but I thought Bon Jovi would be too much for this blog)

Isaiah puts it this way:

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Currently, I am waiting on something important. A job. But today, I realized that there is other stuff in the future that I am also waiting on...kids, grad school, a better job (I want to be a principal), a good coaching situation (I want to coach girl's basketball), my husband's business to expand, etc.

All of that stuff is part of my "plan." A sort of general outline of what I want to accomplish in my life. I was looking at grad schools today because I almost can't wait to start that (crazy, right?). But I know that we can't afford that, so it will have to wait. (Gonna pay off the school debt now, then accumulate more later on!) Kids are also high on the "I want it now" list. Not only can we not afford them (have you SEEN how much money it takes to raise a kid?), but I don't think we are ready to be parents yet. I still have stuff I want to do before kids. So I may have to wait awhile for this one. And you know what?

THAT'S OK! We are promised strength and endurance and energy when we wait upon the Lord. It's just that...

the waiting is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment