Thursday, August 11, 2011

The importance of keeping track

One of the most recent topics that I have written about is related to goals. I talked about the importance of setting them. But I failed to mention something very important.

You need to find a way to keep track of your goals.


This is crucial, and I can't believe I forgot to comment on it. Keeping track of your goals is important for two reasons:

1. It helps you know where you are.

2. It helps you know what you need to tweak.

For example, one of my goals for August is to lose 5 lbs. When I weighed myself on Monday, I found out where I was. Which was far away. I also learned that I need to step up my game if I want to accomplish my goal. Which unfortunately means no chocolate pecan pie for me. (At least not every night!)

I always write mine down in my Moleskine notebook (you can find these at Target and Barnes & Noble), so that I can easily find them. My challenge to you is to find a method that works for you and implement it. You might find that you are more aware of where you are in accomplishing your goals and let you know what to tweak for future benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment