Monday, August 8, 2011

The Power of a Dream

This afternoon I had a dream...no, I wasn't taking a nap (that was yesterday), but I was having a conversation with someone. This particular person told me that they had read my book review and thought that I was a good writer (not trying to toot my own horn here...there is a point to me telling you this). This person then proceeded to state five words that may potentially change my life:

"You should ______ ___ _______."

Ok, I can't tell you what this person suggested I do (nor am I going to tell you who this was, in case you noticed). Because if I tell you, then I might have to actually do it. I would be held accountable, and I'm not ready for that pressure just yet.

The point is (I know you're relieved I finally got here) that there was a dream planted in me this afternoon. I've become obsessed with it. I haven't been able to think about much else all day...it's incredible. I feel like a little kid. But dreams aren't merely ideas that float around in your head. You care about your dreams. They are personal. They mean something to you.

Dreams are powerful things. They challenge us to move, create, think. The power of a dream is that it calls you to action. I had always had this thought hanging around in the back, deep, dark depths in my mind. But when I heard it said out loud by someone else, it was as if something in my heart opened up. A dream was born. And it has a firm grasp on me right now.

What are dreaming about right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment