Friday, August 12, 2011

Whatever You're Doing

Do you ever wonder at times what God is doing?

I often find myself thinking (I hesitate to say questioning here) about what God is up to in my life. I wonder about what story He is creating for me. I wonder how He is weaving together the miscellaneous strings that are in my life.

Right now, there is a lot of chaos and confusion in my life. I'm drifting, wandering, somewhat lost. That's where I am in my story right now. Trying to find my way.

There's a song by Sanctus Real called "Whatever You're Doing." It's about not knowing what God is up to in your life, but knowing that this mess of life is His and He is doing something with it.

"Whatever you're doing, inside of me
It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace
Though it's hard to surrender to what I can't see
I'm giving in to something heavenly"

I believe that God knows what He's doing. Even when I can't see it or hear it or feel it. All I can see is chaos, but there's a bigger picture that is beyond my vision. My eyes are out of focus, and I can't see what He's up to.

But, I still trust Him...do you?


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! ;) I have always said that God's plan for me is way cooler than the plans I have for myself. Maybe if our plans were more in sync, I wouldn't waist so much time on the other things, but then again, those things could be part of his plan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! If I can butt out long enough to finally let God work, then it turns out better than it would have with my own plans.

    ReplyDelete